Set Up Grading Scales
For students’ grades to average properly, you must set up the grading scales for each of your grade books. Follow the steps outlined below:
1. Log in to Progress Book;
2. In the right-hand column on the Teacher Home Page, click the link Setup Grading Scales;
3. Click the Custom Setup 1 button and click the Save button as shown below;
4. Click the Save Next button to advance to the next screen;
5. Change the grade scale to the District Default grade scale (Board adopted A-F grade scale) by clicking on the drop down arrow as shown below. You may also choose grade scale #2 (S-U), grade scale #3 (P-F), of grade scale #4 (IEP grade scale).
6. Click the Save Next button;
7. The next screen allows you to individually change the grade scale for selected students. Perhaps you have a student whose IEP mandates a different grade scale. This is where you would change that particular student’s grade scale as shown below. Please note, I have hidden the student names for privacy, but you can see I have changed the grade scale to #4 for the first and last students on the class list.
8. Click Save Next.
9. You may check mark individual grade book boxes you wish to share out the grade scale with or simply click Select All as shown below;
10. Click Copy.
11. You should receive a “Copy Complete” confirmation statement.